Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Assignment #5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVrRI2cH3TI&feature=related

First and foremost, I chose this song because I like the 'Bachata' genre and the group that sings it, Aventura. They are the most famous bachata group right now, with their songs reaching high levels and breaking records. I also chose this song because I always see or hear about people being heartbroken. They either get cheated on or the person they like doesn't realize what they feel for them. I can't say I experienced it, but it sucks to see what humans do to each other. People fall in love and end up heartbroken. This song talks about a guy who proposes to his girlfriend but she turns him down. Ever since, he doesn't want to know anything about love, anything related to it. He doesn't understand cupid, saying he mismatched his couple. He doesn't want any dates, staying away from moments that can hurt him. At the end, he says goodbye to love, saying he doesn't need it in his life.

I believe a lot of people think they can't find love and eventually "give up". Just because ONE person failed, it doesn't mean the rest will. People just have to be themselves and be sure of what they want. Things don't come to us, we have to look for them. I believe everyone has love in one way or another, either from their significant other or family. Regardless who you receive love from, you're still loved.

P.S. For the guys who don't understand, sorry! I'll try to find a translation ...

2 comments:

  1. yeaahhh Bachata is the best for people who had been hurt in love issues...but u right not because we fail with one person means we cannot find something else better.... i like the song what u choose!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know that is a whole other genre--thanks for posting Freddy. I had heard another song by Aventura a few years ago, called Obsesion.

    ReplyDelete